Welcome and welcome back to all students and congratulations on an excellent start to the 2017–2018 school year! Please be aware of the following information and ways that student well-being is supported at NLSS.
NLSS Breakfast Program Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 9:10 am
- Free to all students
- Toast, bagels, yogurt, juice and fruit available
Please encourage your student to make healthy choices at lunch time while at NLSS by participating in the following activities / programs:
NLSS Lunch Break is from 11:50 am to 12:45 pm.
55 minutes = 3 Choices for students to make to be on time for period 3 classes
- Go home for lunch if student liveswithin 10 minutes walking distance of NLSS
- Buy your lunch at the Student Store
- Bring your lunch – eat in cafe (microwaves available)
**Students DO NOT have enough time to eat lunch up town in Moosonee if walking
Available in Student Store (Open from 11:50 am to 12:20 pm Monday to Friday)
- Sandwiches (Ham & Cheese, Roast Beef and Turkey $3.00 or ‘PBish’ & J $1.50) – Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Lettuce, Mustard, Hot Sauce available to add to sandwiches
- Individual Salads ($2.50)
- Hot Soup ($1.50)
- Apple Juice, Orange Juice, Bottled Water ($1.00)
- Chewy and Nutri-grain bars ($0.50)
- YOP yogurt drink ($2.00)
- Cheese-strings ($0.75)
- Yogurt tubes ($0.75)
- Chocolate Milk – small ($1.25)
- Fruit / Mandarin cups ($1.00)
- Baked Potato Chips ($1.50)
- Baggie of baby carrots and dip (FREE)
**Parents can set up pre-paid charge accounts for the Student Store through the office
Activities at NLSS Over the Lunch Hour
- Co-ed Sports in Gym, (Monday – Soccer or Basketball,Tuesday – Volleyball, Wednesday – Volleyball, Thursday –Badminton, Friday – Floor Hockey or Lacrosse)
- Join Student Council – meets at12:30 pm once a week
- Library (use chromebooks, table space for homework, comfy chairs for reading, crokinole boards)
- Play ping-pong or foosball in cafeteria (also available in the morning and after school)
- Play guitars in the foyer (also available in the morning and after school)
Parents are encouraged to support their child in making good choices about lunchtime activities that support getting involved in our school community and being on time for period 3 classes.
Thank you for supporting your student at NLSS!